Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Jackson Hole 2006

In a few weeks, Austin and I are flying out to Jackon Hole, Wyoming.  I hope it looks just like it does in the picture above.   Jackson Hole was in our top three or so for honeymoon destinations, but ultimately I was pretty set on Hawaii.  I knew we would make our way to Jackson Hole sometime or another!  Ten years ago (whoa) my family took a trip to Jackson Hole that we still talk about today. So in honor of our upcoming vacation, I thought I would backtrack and share some pictures of my Family Thanksgiving Vacation 2006!

This is baby Jake about to board what was not his first flight, because I remember us going to Disney whenever he was smaller than this!  We flew out of Jackson and had two layovers.  From what I remember, one of them was in Salt Lake City, Utah.  
This is Kea, Landon and I at the resort before heading out into the cold.  We stayed at the Snow King resort in Jackson Hole.  Something fell through with the room we had booked, so we were upgraded.  I don't recall ever staying in a room so nice!  I remember a big long table that we had shrimp at for Thanksgiving Dinner.  
We spent some time in downtown Jackson Hole checking out the town square.  The Jackson Hole town square is super cute! I would describe it as a cowboy town!  
I obviously found some stuffed wildlife and stopped for the photo op.
We rented a vehicle and drove for miles and miles.  The scenery was reallllly pretty.  We drove up to Yellowstone, but it was closed due to the cold weather.

We stopped whenever we saw something worth getting out for and for the big animals (that I don't remember what they're called) crossing the road.
One afternoon we went to a big hill that had snow on it and "sledded."  We originally took the trip as a ski trip, and whenever we got there they had not had enough snow for us to ski.  My daddy was not excited about the idea of skiing and considered this a blessing.  It saved him some $$ on not only the expense of skiing, but also some doctor bills (according to him).  

Aside from scenic drives, sledding, ice skating and shopping on the town square, we spent a lot of time doing this:
That's me texting on my pink Sliver that I thought was the bomb.com.  I was probably talking to Austin.  Around the time of this trip is when Austin and I became such good "friends"... This was Thanksgiving of my senior year of high school.  A few people in the family joked that he should have come with us because they felt like he was with us anyway.  I felt like they kind of got to know Austin on that trip because I spent so much time talking to him.   But we were just friends, yall.  (side note-the following October is when we started officially dating) 

I'm not sure how you go on vacation with your family of ten and not get a picture of everyone.  My photography skills were lacking.  I am thankful for the pictures I do have and even more so than that, the experience!  I LOVE traveling and I LOVE my family, but I love nothing in the world more than traveling with my family.  That's another post for another day.

Since Austin and I are going in summer, I have a feeling it's going to be completely different than this winter trip with my family!  We are planning to take a scenic float down the Snake River, try our hand at a Texas Two-Stepping class (OMG I'm so excited), take in the sights of Yellowstone, have a chuck wagon dinner and enjoy some time off the grid!  Expect that on my next blog post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment