Monday, July 18, 2016

Junior Miss


Anybody who knows me knows that Junior Miss (now known as DYW)  has been a part of my life since I can remember.  If it were up to me, it would still be Junior Miss.  Just saying.  My mom choreographed the Leake County program for years, and I can remember going to practices with her whenever I was just a little girl! Mom would choreograph and I would help her demonstrate.  I remember really looking up to the contestants and I always picked a favorite.  A few of them sent me thank you cards after the program was over one year, and I more than likely still have them somewhere!

I choreographed the Leake County program for a few years without mom, and let it go this past year.  I went through this phase of feeling like I couldn't give 100% to anything because I was trying to do everything.  That's when I decided to bow out gracefully. 

So that's a little of my history with DYW. 

We probably wouldn't have missed it anyway, but mom and I attended the local program this year because Hailey Jamison participated.  Hailey has danced at the studio for years, and we love her!  We went to show our support, and she WON!  She didn't dance because she plays the piano well, and it is hard to beat a piano player. Here we are pictured with Hailey after her big win at the Leake County program!


I also went to the state program in Meridian last Thursday night to cheer her on!  I decided at the last minute that I would go and asked Erica to tag along with me!  Hailey did a superb job of representing Leake County, and Erica and I had a fun time!


I think anybody who goes through the program and gives it all they have is better for it.  I know I came out of it knowing a lot more about myself than I knew before.  It also helped me with stuff like calling and making a dentist appointment on my own! Haha.

Just for kicks- here's a little throw back to when I participated all the way back in 2006!!



No comments:

Post a Comment