Friday, January 8, 2021

Callie Turns 3!

 





I have no idea how my Callie girl is turning three years old.  The past year with her has been so much fun, but has also had some VERY trying times. 

Callie is hilarious, dramatic, sassy, STUBBORN and into all typical little girl things.  She tells me at least once a day that pink is her favorite!  She loves barbies, unicorns, princesses, shopping and sparkles.  She is super shy whenever we aren't at home, and will even tell me before we go somewhere that she is going to be shy! 


Callie is very into “helping” and tries to do a lot independently. She also wants things done a certain way, ALWAYS.  Most of the time, she wants me to do everything from getting her out of her car seat to cutting up her food before she eats.  If I don’t do it, and her daddy does it—she will make life miserable.  She doesn’t always want me, but nine times out of ten, she does.  Sometimes life just has to be miserable because I am trying to teach her that she doesn’t always get her way!

Nothing makes Callie happier than a bag of junk.  No matter where we go, she always wants to pack a bag/take something with her.  She usually brings home a bag from where ever she comes from, too!  She still calls Mama Jim “Bim” most of the time, although she is very capable of saying Mama Jim!  She loves to go to Bim’s house and tells me to “text Bim and see if she’s home.” 

Callie sings Let It Go on repeat and only knows those three words of the lyrics.  We have watched Frozen, but she goes back to Toy Story every single time!  She always wants to watch “when Andy growed up”, otherwise known as Toy Story 3!  During the fall, she found a love for the movie Halloweentown, which was also one of my favorites growing up.  She will randomly quote the line in that movie “you don’t even trust your own kids!”  I doubt she even knows what that means!  She also quotes Toy Story, “I don’t want to play with you.  You’re broken.” 

She has been a good eater since day one, and loves a snack like her mama.  Austin comments all the time that she is my kid because she gets giddy over snacking and always wants to do it on the couch!  She always tells me that since she ate her good food, she wants a snack.  We love a snack! 

Callie loves her cousins and calls them her “friends.”  She calls Joy “Go Go” (she can’t get the J sound) and it is super cute. 

As for the trying times of this year, she was VERY attached to her paci.  During the fall she gnawed a hole in all of them.  We saw it as a perfect opportunity to get rid of the paci.  We didn’t take them away from her, but she didn’t want them since they were “broke.”  She was quite a handful for several months while she transitioned from paci to no paci.  It was very bad.  We were not okay.  I told her all the time I was going to take her somewhere for somebody else to take care of her (daycare), and I would have had to for my sanity if she had not turned a corner.  She got her share of spankings and I loaded her up for a ride in the car seat several times just to constrain her and have some peace!  It was a rough couple of months. 

Her role of big sister is growing on her, and as time passes, she pays Lillie Ann (better known as Willie Ann to Callie) more and more attention.  Up until Lillie Ann was a good nine months old, she ignored her existence.  She has warmed up to her now and it is fun to see their little friendship grow. She likes to feed Lillie Ann, loves to make her laugh and never fails to let me know when Lillie Ann is disrupting what she’s doing! She says “get her” a lot.

Occasionally I catch myself stopping to appreciate how much fun it is having a little girl who makes all of my girl mom dreams come true.  Here’s to soaking up this year with my three year old!



1 comment: