Monday, March 19, 2018

life lately

Callie Taylor has been on the go lately meeting all of mama and daddy's friends and doing all of the things we do!  She has been going with the flow and enjoying (I think) getting out as much as we have!  

Last Friday, my friend Sara and her boyfriend, Tim came to meet Callie all the way from Houston, TX! 
Sara was one of my three roommates whenever I lived in Orlando doing the Disney College Program.  We hit it off from the very beginning and I truly do not know what those three months would have been like without her!  Here are a few pictures of our everyday adventures in Orlando back in 2011.  Wow... long time ago!  
Here we are in the middle of a Scavenger hunt around the world at Epcot!

And this is one of the first days of our quest to find Hidden Mickey's!  We happened to be at the Grand Floridian in this picture.  (We unfortunately did not find all of the hidden mickeys on Disney's property but we did make major progress in the three months we had.) 

We have managed to see each other about once a year since then!  Sometimes more, sometimes less!  If you were at my wedding- she's the one who sang and everybody probably wondered where she came from.  Haha.  The last time I saw Sara was two years ago.  Austin and I went and stayed with Sara and went to the Houston Rodeo to see Brad Paisley.  That was our first little road trip after we got married. Anyway- I was so super excited to see her and get caught up on all the things going on in her life!  

We said our bittersweet "until next times" Saturday around lunch and Austin and I made our way to the church for a fundraiser for one of the youth.  It was the first time that a lot of our church friends had the chance to get their hands on Callie!  I only got this one picture of sweet Lila holding her!
After scoring some pecan cookies at the cake auction, we went to the Breedlove's for supper.  Baby Blake was there and he and Callie held a contest for loudest crying throughout eating supper.  J/K.  But Callie had gotten pretty fussy.  

On Sunday, Callie was good through church and whenever we got home, we took her 2 month pictures a few days late! 
She was really 2 months and 3 days.  (March 11th instead of March 8th)  Before I had Callie, I always wondered why moms posting their milestones pictures ALWAYSSSS say "a few days late but".... Well, now I know.  It is quite the hassle getting a decent picture of a baby, much less a baby that doesn't look like an orphan.  So after church was a good opportunity because we had made it through the service with no spit up and still looking half way put together.  #momwin
This little outfit was Joy's whenever she was a baby.  We have enjoyed all of the hand me downs!

We headed over to Mammie and Poppa's house Sunday afternoon to eat with the fam.  Callie wasn't too happy about getting in her car seat, but she decided it was okay! 

I happened to look up and see Baylor playing with Callie. 

I thought I was being sneaky taking pictures, but then he started smiling.  These kids know whats up.  They all gathered around Callie for a picture and I named it the easiest photo to organize, ever.
  It's usually a circus trying to get a picture!! Not everybody was looking, but so be it.  

Callie fell asleep next to her daddy whenever we got home and further proved that they are, in fact, twins. 
On Monday morning, Mama Jim rode with me and Callie to Union for Malorie to cut my hair!  I had intended on getting it cut before I had Callie because I knew it would probably be quite some time before I had another opportunity.  It had gotten so long and I do not have time to dry that much hair with a new baby before work every morning.
Callie ate while I got my hair cut.  Side note- Malorie got engaged this past weekend and we are SO EXCITED for her!!! On the way back through Philadelphia, we stopped by my office for the people I work with to see her for the first time!  

We went home for a little while and then made our way back to the studio for Morgan's solo practice.
  Callie looks so excited to be at dance!  #not  We went home after dance and got ready for my work week!  This weekend has been a little more laid back!  Austin was at home on Friday so I cleaned the house from top to botton and was still in my pajamas at 4:00 Friday afternoon!! #momlife
On Saturday, the weather was pretty and we went strolling and spent some time on the front porch.  But not before we took a few picture for Mammie!

Porch naps are the best naps!!

Saturday evening, my mom and dad came by for daddy to wash his truck at the shop by our house.  Mama volunteered to keep Callie for the night and let us get some sleep!  We dropped Callie off at mama's on our way to eat at the Rhinewalt's.  We stopped back by to give her goodnight kisses on our way home!!  It was a little difficult, but I could not pass up a good night's sleep!  And Callie slept from 11:00-6:00 for them!  Yay!!  Austin went to get her for church Sunday morning after I went to Sunday school.  I forgot to pick out her clothes before I left.  Fail.  He did decent though! #gooddaddy
Sunday after church, Callie went home with Mrs. Suzanne and I went in to work for a few hours and to get some groceries.  She woke up this morning around 6:00.  She went from 9:30pm-6:00am without eating!  She woke up a few times and wanted her paci, but I would call that a GOOD night!  We are well on our way to more sleep, praise the Lord.  


She has been napping most of the morning- long enough for me to write this anyway!  Side note- her daddy bought her this little outfit whenever we were expecting her!  I had to put a bow on her this morning to balance it out.  Haha.

Just before I finished publishing this, she had a blowout that required both of us changing clothes and started screaming for her bottle. #reallife

Until next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment