Sunday, March 4, 2018

Callie Goes to Church

We took Callie Taylor to church for the first time today! She is one day short of 8 weeks old. I planned to take her last week, but we had a rough night and I didn't feel up to the task last Sunday!  She went and stayed with Mammie while Austin and I went!  Up until last week, I had been going to teach my Sunday School class while Austin had Callie and I would go home after Sunday School and let him go to church.  #teamwork

Last night {after a major spit up that required a second bath for both of us}, she slept from about 10:00 until 3:45am.  That is almost a record breaking stretch for sleep at night.  Woo hoo!  She woke back up around 6:30 and Austin got up with her and let me sleep until after 8:00.  I have been so sleepy!  She looks happy to be hanging out with her daddy this morning.
I saw Austin show up at church out the window of my Sunday school room.  I got him to bring her in so my sweet Sunday school girls could see her!  A few of them decorated my door for Callie Taylor's arrival at church and I got her picture with the door this morning! I love their creative little minds!
If Callie is always as good as she was today, we won't have a problem making it through church!  She slept for a little bit in her seat and then got to squirming.  I took her out once to change her diaper whenever Bro. Eddie started preaching and she did okay the rest of the time!  I fed her whenever we came back in and she refused to let me stop to burp her!  Every time I took the bottle out of her mouth, she threw a little fit.  



I snuck a picture of Mrs. Frances and Mama Jim with her after the service was over! 
Love these ladies! 



 
Things come full circle whenever you take your baby girl to the church you spent your childhood in.  Of course I had to have a few pictures.

After church, Aunt Jamie and Ally came to see Callie.  I stayed at the church for a little while talking and missed most of their visit!








We got comfortable and ready for a laid back Sunday! 
Looking forward to lots more Sundays at Remus with our little love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment