Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Fair 2017

This year's fair was a little different for Austin and I since I am expecting, and I have a feeling it will never, ever be the same! We went into the fair knowing we would be doing a lot of going and coming throughout the week. 

We decided to go on out to the fairgrounds to stay on Thursday night while everybody was still fresh and excited!! We got our things together after work and headed that way.  

We spent the majority of our time out on the midway with the kiddos.  Austin rode the bumper cars with Joy and seeing her, Ally and Baylor so excited almost brought me to tears!  #pregnancyhormones

On Friday morning, I realized I had left some essentials I needed to get dressed for work in my car that was parked a mile away from the cabin.  Instead of going to get what I needed and coming back to the cabin to get dressed, I opted to go to work in my pajamas and get dressed in the bathroom.  It worked.  Trying to work even a little bit and go to the fair can sometimes prove to be a struggle. 

I stayed at work until about 2:00 Friday and then met Austin at home to make our way back to the fairgrounds in one vehicle.  Friday night is marked by picture night at the Byrd cabin.  I think this may be where the "family picture Friday night" tradition stops, but I can't be sure. 





 We walked down to the rodeo after pictures and I sat with the pregnant girls club. 

 I am due in January, Madison in December and Jamie in October.  I really think the good Lord put these girls in my life at just the right time!  He is so good like that!   I can text them on any random day about how much weight I feel like I've gained or how lazy I am, and they can relate right back.  Also thankful for Brandi, who is trapped in the middle of our pregnancy chatter!  We are going to plan our next babies at the same time as her!!  After the rodeo, we went back to Thomas and Jamie's camper and helped Jamie sort horse racing t-shirts that needed to be distributed!  The boys rode around and had too much fun, I am sure.

Saturday morning I slept pretty late and Austin had to go home.  Erica texted me and said she was going to the flea market around 9 or 10 and I hopped up and went with her.  After we busted a quick loop, I sat on the porch for awhile and then went to town with Erica and Bridgette.  We ate at The Junction and made a quick Wal-Mart run. On Saturday night we walked down to the rodeo and I went to the midway with Jamie, Shelby, Alli, Jake and the Emmas.  Austin watched US from the bed of a truck in the infield.  We got a funnel cake and chicken on a stick on the way back to the camper where we stayed that night.  Side note: Austin told the lady making my funnel cake that I was preggo and she gave me extra sugar.  
On Sunday morning, we went home early for Sunday School and church.   
 
One of my Sunday school babies left me a little note :) 
We went back to the fairgrounds for the horse races before I fell asleep on the couch! After the races we hung out at the camper and then Mattie Kate talked me into taking her to the Byrd's cabin where we stayed later than we intended before going back home! Daisy was happy to see us at home Sunday night! I think she has decided to be Mama Jim and Daddy Jim's dog now.  Bless her.  She doesn't come home that much anymore.  Maybe that will change whenever we get back into our normal routine.

On Monday, Austin and I both went to work.  I have never been so sleepy at work in my life.  I thought I may have to go home.  I felt a little sick and went to the Junction to get a bag of chips and a Sprite and that made me feel better.  I debated a nap on my lunch break, but I knew it would probably only make things worse!  Whenever I got home, I caught a second wind and deep cleaned our house.  It was a wreck from all of the coming and going and I could not wait to get home and fix it!  I made hamburger steaks with peas and butter beans for supper and it was scrumptious.

I went back to work Tuesday and called it a week around 3:00.  I met Austin back at home and we went back to the fairgrounds.  Tuesday afternoon, my daddy had a work emergency and didn't make it back out the fairgrounds.  Austin found himself grilling burgers at the camper and I took Mattie down the Byrds cabin to play.
We skipped the concert, (I think it John Micheal Morgan) and Mom, Austin and me took Mattie to the midway.  We all rode the ferris wheel and Austin won Mattie a big stuffed animal playing basketball.  We took the scenic route back to the cabin.




We kept Mattie up way past her bedtime and she rode Austin's back to the camper!  On Wednesday, I took Mattie to the midway with Emmie and they rode until their heart was content. I didn't even tell them it was time to go!  I just let them ride until they didn't want to ride anymore.  It was hot but not crowded and we enjoyed a snow cone on the way back to the cabin.





 Whenever we got back to the camper, she said she was too tired to eat!  
 We got in the bed really early because we had to be up the next morning and in Jackson by 8:00 for a baby doctor appointment.  I took a picture of Austin feeling fresh after his shower on the porch.
 The appointment went great!  Baby's heartbeat had gone down a good bit, and the doctor told me her instinct was that it was a boy!  We got Chick-Fil-A and made it back to our house by 10:00.  Austin cut the grass and I took a nap!  Thursday night we watched Frank Foster from seats that Austin had paid Kea to get us!  After the show, we took our chairs back to the camper and found ourselves back in the infield with the pregnant girls club.  Instead of going to the Mustache band at the pavilion, we played the ring game to see what we were having (girl or boy)!  Mine and Madison's both said boy.  We have since learned that we are both having sweet baby girls!

 
 I talked Austin into walking through the pavilion late Thursday night, but before the band was over.  I was not much feeling it, and we did not stay long! Friday brought lots of excitement with the Championship horse races.  Just Call Me Daddy won and we were all beside ourselves excited!  I think I may have even had a tear.

Friday night, Austin and I met Justin and Madison in the grandstands to watch Brothers Osbourne.  We were less than impressed.  We stuck it out to see the fireworks and then made our way home to sleep in our own bed!  It was another fun fair for the books!  Following are some extra pictures of the week:







Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment