Sunday, September 18, 2016

a year ago today

This post from Facebook came up on my memories today and I thought I would make it a blog post because I want to keep it forever!  

September 18, 2015


Whenever I was a little girl, I sat in one of the pews of this church with my head bowed & shyly raised my hand whenever our pastor asked if there was anybody in the room who felt like The Lord was calling them to be saved at the end of a week of VBS. In a room off the back of this church, I nervously said the sinner's prayer & committed my life to The Lord. Days later, I walked the aisle of this church & made public the decision I had made & in the evening service I was baptized & friends & family made a line and hugged my neck to welcome me to the family of God- something my eleven year old self had dreaded for days!
Over the last few years, I've slept in the pulpit of this church in a sleeping bag surrounded by youth, I've sat on the front steps of this church and taught Sunday school lessons because my crew wanted to have class outside, & I've danced around this church like a crazy person with vacation Bible schoolers.
I sat on the far right, second row of this church with Austin for years on Sunday mornings,( we recently moved to the back) & spent rides home from this church discussing what we got out of the day's message. I've seen myself and Austin both mature in our faith and understanding of who God is and the life He has called us to largely because of the influence of this church. 


And in this church tomorrow at 6:00, I will become Mrs. Austin Byrd & nothing makes my heart happier than that!


"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church & in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:21

No comments:

Post a Comment